THE GALAPIERRE GITE : SURROUNDING AREA
Well known for its rich natural heritage and its numerous castles, abbeys ...,
Burgundy is also famous for its gastronomy and its great wines.
From the hills of the Charollais area to the lowlands surrounding the river Saone,
from the vineyards to the winding roads of the Morvan area,
you will have the opportunity to discover landscapes which are varied
and rich in colour.
In the village
The village of Ecuisses is situated beside a canal called the "Canal du Centre" ,
which connects the Saône to the Loire.
A series of locks allow boats to enter and leave the village on the canal.
A walk on the greenway along the canal, a visit to the Canal Museum and
the houses on the canal are a must!
Many ponds and lakes feed the Canal du Centre,
offering different activities such as fishing, water skiing, swimming …
Close to the village
- Close to various vineyards of Burgundy
See the map
- From 6 persons we can organize for you the visit to a winecellar of "Côte Chalonnaise"
- 3 km : Golf at the Chateau Avoise golf course.
- 6 km : Bowling in the town of Torcy.
- 10 km: Amusement Park in the town of Le Creusot.
- 10 km : Aquatic Complex in the town of Le Creusot.
- 20 km : Tree climbing in the town of Givry.
In the village (3 minutes on foot) you will find different shops and services such as a baker’s, a grocery shop,
a newsagent’s and bar , a chemist’s and a doctor’s surgery.
In the towns of Montchanin (5km), Le Creusot (10km) Montceau (12km) and Chalon / Saone (30km)
, you will find all the main bigger shops and supermarkets.